Our Core 2 Maths Online course will begin on Friday 7th February 2014
|4||7th March||Geometric Sequences|
|5||14th March||Exponentials and Logs|
|6||21st March||Trigonometry I|
|7||28th March||Trigonometry II|
Our courses are tailored towards AQA, Edexcel and OCR. Some of our C2 topics may be part of C1 for some syllabii but the whole of C2 will be covered in this course. We have a more details list of topics covered below, each sessions lasts 90 minutes and will take place on Fridays from 5pm-6:30pm.
- Lesson 1 – Triangles: Sine Rule, Ambiguous Case for sine rule, Cosine Rule, Midpoints, Distance and the area of a Triangle
- Lesson 2 – Radian Measure: Converting between degrees and radians, Circle theorem recap, calculating arc length, calculating sector area, area of a segment
- Lesson 3 – The Binomial Expansion: Expanding (a+b)n for small powers of n, Pascals Triangle, n choose r notation, expanding (1+x)n, expanding (a+b)n for larger powers
- Lesson 4 – Geometric Sequences: Calculating common ratios, finding the nth term, sum of a sequence, sum to infinity, real life problems
- Lesson 5 – Exponentials and Logs: the graph of y=ax, converting between index and log form, base 10 logs, laws of logarithms, simplifying logs, solving log equations, solving quadratic log equations
- Lesson 6 – Trigonometry I: Recap of GCSE Trigonometry, finding exact values, the CAST diagram, Trigonometry Graphs, Solving trigonometry equations
- Lesson 7 – Trigonometry II: Introducing Trigonometry formula, Solving Trigonometry Equations with different domains, Solving Trigonometry equations requiring substitution, Quadratic Trigonometry Equations.
- Lesson 8 – Differentiation: Differentiating with fractional and negative indices, increasing and decreasing functions, stationary points, optimisation
- Lesson 9 – Integration: Definite integration, area under the x-axis, areas between lines and curves, the Trapezium rule.
- Online session only £12 per 90 minute session
- Online session (90 minutes) + access to recording + copy of class slides + access to online homework £16 per session
- Access to recording of 90 minute class + copy of slides + access to online homework £6 per session
- Access to ALL nine recordings of 90 minute classes + copies of slide + access to online homework £47 (normally £6×9=£54)
- All nine online sessions + access to all recordings + copies of slides + access to online homework £97 (normally £16 x 9 = £144) – BESTSELLER